PLEASANTON EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER
Emergency Management Coordinator: Phillip Glass
Operating: Monday- Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The City of Pleasanton is closely monitoring the national outbreak of COVID-19. The Emergency Operations Center is working with public health officials at The Texas Department of State Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to ensure Pleasanton has the safest practices in place for the general public.
Executive Order, Declaring a Public Health Disaster in the State of Texas
Governor Abbott just provided a live update. He has signed an Executive Order Effective 11:59 PM on March 20th through midnight April 3rd. Some of the takeaways from this order are as follows:
1. Executive Order authorized by GA-08 Ch. 418, Declared a Public Health Disaster in the State of Texas (The last time the state declared a health disaster was in 1901)
2. Avoid social gatherings in groups more than 10 limiting gatherings State-wide.
3. No dining in at restaurants, bars or gyms. Drive-through's at restaurants are available and encouraged.
4. No visitation at nursing homes, retirement centers or long term care facilities unless it's to provide critical assistance.
5. All schools are closed. Continuation of online learning will continue.
6. It is not a shelter place in order.
7. Domestic travel will remain unrestricted.
8. Only ask for essential employees to report to their place of work. Encourage working from home if available.
WHEN WILL THE EXECUTIVE ORDER GO IN EFFECT?
This ban goes into effect at 11:59 PM on Friday, March 20, 2020.
WILL ALL RESTAURANTS BE CLOSED?
Most restaurants will be open, however, only drive through and curb side services will be available. No dining inside the building is allowed. Furthermore, restaurants with a mixed beverage may sell beer, wine or mixed drinks for delivery as long as they are accompanied by food purchased from the restaurant.
WILL BARS BE OPEN?
All bars will be banned from opening.
WILL GYMS BE OPEN?
Gyms will be banned from opening.
CAN I GO VISIT MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS IN NURSING HOMES OR RETIREMENT CENTERS?
No visits for any reason will be allowed.
ARE THE SCHOOLS STILL GOING TO BE CLOSED?
Yes, all schools Statewide will be closed.
CAN I STILL TRAVEL IF I NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE?
All domestic travel is okay at this time.
CAN I STILL GO TO WORK UNDER THE EXECUTIVE ORDER?
Governor Abbott urges employers to allow essential employees to report to their work place; working from home is highly encouraged.
IS THIS A SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER?
No, it is not a shelter in place order.
LATEST NEWS"Keep up with the Latest News concerning COVID-19"
- Watch Mayor Hall Give Important Update
- Texas Workforce Commission Resources
- Emergency Business Support
- Mayor Hall Issues Third Declaration of Disaster & Public Emergency
- Museum, Library & Pleasanton Civic Center to Close to the Public
- Second Declaration Issued by Mayor Hall
- EOC Now Open
- Mayor Hall Issues Declaration of Disaster & Public Emergency
- Business Support Services Available Now
- Gov. Abbott Announcement on Unemployment Benefits
- COVID-19 Update 3-16-2020